Monday, February 15, 2010

Kings and Kingdoms


A few months ago (hard to think that it was only a few months) as we were preparing to leave for Swaziland, we were packing and our neighbor came over to talk to us. He was kindly cautioning us to think more about this decision to move to Africa and volunteer. At the time I (Brent) was impressed by God to remember that He has risen up and deposed Kings, and He has more than enough resource and power to take care of us. At the time that was the message that I felt that God wanted me to be speaking and living.

Since then our Lord has been proving himself daily. First and foremost He has proven himself by using the people of God to provide for us and pray for us. We have received more in prayer and financial support than we could have ever imagined. God has thus far given us favor with, and a great love for, the people that we have worked with both in Swaziland and in America. Also our God has protected us as we have crossed many miles in Africa and crossed the borders so many times.

This past week has involved a lot of challenges here on the ground as well as questions beginning to arise for when our service here is over. Yet at the end of this week, I feel that God wants me to say out loud…and proclaim to those that will listen (or read), that our God is the one who created the universe. Our God knew these brief days that I would be on this earth before I was born. And the one true God whom we serve has raised and deposed kings in a moment’s time. Our God can and will take care of each of us as we serve Him and wholeheartedly surrender ourselves to His direction.

Please be praying for

- Wisdom as we plan for many teams to arrive in Swaziland over the next few months
- A new passion to serve and to “wash feet”
- Open eyes to see what God is doing here
- An increasing faith in our Lord that the more we lean on him the stronger we are
- God’s guidance and wisdom as we begin to think about what is next

1 comment:

  1. I read your facebook comment regarding this past post the morning before my Pastor suggested I read 1 Kings 19. I actually read and pondered on chapters 17-20... This was an encouragement and a reminder that God has an end game. Thank you for your part in His getting my attention and reminding *me* that He has things under control.

    - Mark V (LVCN; Vermont)

    ReplyDelete